Friday, January 25, 2019

Thistles in Black and White

Today I'm playing along with the "it's all black and white" challenge over at Retro Rubber.  I used an older Stampin' Up set from 2016 for the 2 floral images and a sentiment from a Hero Arts set that I have had for at least 3 or 4 years.  I stamped and heat embossed the floral images multiple times on black card stock with white embossing powder.  I trimmed the panel down and adhered to a standard card base.  I trimmed a couple of very thin strips of black card stock and adhered them as well.  A final stamp of the sentiment and the card was complete!



RRCB 102

Happy Stamping,
Dana M

4 comments:

  1. This is just so stylish and elegant! The white embossing on black looks fabulous. The narrow strips of black are a great addition - and those tiny strips can be hard to manipulate. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elegant black and white design, Dana! I love the way you added the thin borders on each side of your panel to focus the eyes on the lovely flower garden you created!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and wonderful! Lovely job with your images. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber for our Black and White challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think elegant is the word to describe your very lovely card. The contrast is so beautifully striking. I wanted to say thanks for your visit and kind words over on my blog. I hope you are enjoying the TCP sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!