Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yellow Butterfly

I am up north again this weekend and saw the most beautiful butterfly, a very pale creamy yellow.  I tried to capture it in paper and ink, but with my limited supplies my butterfly is a pale comparison.  But I am happy with the resulting card.  I used the sketch from Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.

My card base is Tip Top Taupe with a sweet sentiment stamped in black in the bottom corner.  The butterfly is stamped in a variety of yellows and accented in Tip Top Taupe.  I stamped a pale yellow border (tough to see in this picture) along the left edge of Whisper White.  The circle was cut and then the remaining panel embossed with the Big Shot.  I only had gold bakers twine with me, so I did a little modification.  I removed the gold thread (I'm sure that will show up on another project soon) and ran the twine across a yellow stamp, a wrap around the embossed panel and a quick bow with some tassels. Simple but sweet.






Happy Stamping,
Dana


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. The colours look lovely together. I like that butterfly a lot. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Barb!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Simple Elegance! I love your use of negative space and the Tip Top Taupe and Yellows was really gorgeous together! Thanks so much for joining us at SIP for Challenge #9! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! I was a really fun sketch to play along with.

      Delete
  3. I love your take on this week's sketch challenge!! All the details are fabulous...... I really like the tassels on your bow. Just awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comments Lisa! So glad you like the card.

      Delete
  4. Perfect layout for this pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bonnie! It was a fun card to make.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!