Saturday, December 5, 2015

Pink Stocking

I've missed blogging, I have been away far too long.  I have a cold and it has taken me down but I'm finally back in the craft room again.  I fell in love with the gorgeous inspiration photo at The Challenge and am glad that I had an opportunity to play along.  The challenge is to make a non-traditional Christmas card and I have been on a non-traditional kick so this is perfect for me.  By the way, there are a ton of a-maz-ing design team and challenge submissions - take a look if you have some time.

I contemplated using images that were non-traditional but couldn't really land on something that I liked.  So, I went back to the inspiration photo that I liked so well and decided to focus on the colors and the stockings.  My card is more on the sassy side than the sweet inspiration photo, but I am happy with how it turned out.




Happy Stamping,
Dana

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and a really great take on our inspiration photo! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your visit and very nice comments Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you kicked that darn flu to the curb! Those nasty bugs can be soooooo hard to get rid of at this time of year.

    "Sassy" totally works! I love the stocking...so whimsical and 'jester' like! The scalloped edges of the label dies work really well with the sentiment font. Yes, I know...I always seem to notice the fonts of the sentiments and get so darn excited when I see a perfect match!

    Thanks for playing along with us at 'the challenge'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geri! I love sentiments too and try to coordinate the style to other elements of a card.

      Delete
  4. Sweet holiday card, I am in love with your pink stocking. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim for your get well wishes and very kind comments!

      Delete
  5. ohhh, forgot to thank you for joining us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin! It was a fabulous challenge to play along with - love the inspiration photo!

      Delete
  6. I sure hope you feel better! This card is adorable! I love that pink stocking and the color combo! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your get well wishes and very nice comments Claire!

      Delete
  7. I hope you're feeling better now Dana. I love your pink stocking cards. It's very pretty.Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! I appreciate your get well wishes and lovely comments.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!