Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fall Lattice Card

I immediately fell in love with the sketch at Mojo Monday, it's right up my alley.  I quickly decided that I wanted to use lace or ribbon for the horizontal element.  As I looked over my ribbon my eye immediately landed on this beautiful cream lattice ribbon, a purchase for a project that never materialized (does that happen to you too?).  I thought it would look gorgeous with Cajun Craze so I went down the path of creating an autumnal card.  Along with the Cajun Craze I used Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry and Very Vanilla.  The stamp set is a Stampin' Up set from a couple of years ago, but still one of my favorites for autumn.  The background on the Cajun Craze and the Crushed Curry was stamped with an Illuminate stamp pad.  The photos don't do it justice though.  It has a very nice soft shimmer that plays on the soft shimmer of the ribbon.



For more great inspiration using this sketch, swing by Mojo Monday and see the fantastic examples by the design team and other submissions by those playing along.

Happy Stamping,
Dana


4 comments:

  1. What a striking card! A great take on the challenge. I love the rich colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That ribbon is amazing! I'd likely have "saved" it as well! I love your stamped background - subtle but very effective! Great color combo too!

    BTW...your lattice ribbon is NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) so would qualify for Darnell's NBUS challenge. Here is the link. Hope you can just copy and paste it. DKhttp://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html

    If the link doesn't work just google "dkkardkreations"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri! I did see Darnell's NBUS challenge and am looking forward to playing along.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!