Friday, September 18, 2015

The Heart that Gives also Gathers

The Heart that Gives also Gathers.  Isn't that a lovely sentiment?  You may not be able to see it very well, but that sentiment borders the left side of this stamp.  When we were in Door County a couple of weeks ago, I was snooping in a lovely little confectionary/gift shop and I spied the familiar plastic cases from Stampin' Up's older stamp sets.  Of course I had to spend some time looking through the sets and ended up purchasing this very sweet set.  Since it has not yet seen ink, I thought I would submit another entry into Darnell's NBUS Challenge.  Sadly, my shelves are full of never been used stuff: too many aspirations - too little time!

I sponged some ink on the main panel and wanted to create an abstract of a beautiful sunset with oranges concentrated behind the flower part of the stamped image.  I heat embossed the image in black.  What next?  I played around a bit with adding another element in the bottom right of the card but in the end I decided to just let the sponging and flower image steal the show.  A simple border of black and then finally mounting to a card base.




Happy Stamping,
Dana

2 comments:

  1. PERFECTION!!! I'm soooo on the same page as you - a sentiment would definitely stolen the limelight from this stunning image stamped on a beautiful sunset sky! LOVE IT!

    Great find with the old SU set! Isn't it fun finding treasure like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geri, you always make me smile! Thanks as always for stopping in and your kind words.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!