Saturday, October 10, 2015

Flowers for Mom

I've been MIA again as I was in North Carolina for a business trip.  It was our annual team meeting and it was so great to connect with my co-workers.  Part of our time was spent at the Ronald McDonald house cleaning, baking cookies, making bag lunches and decorating the bags.  It is so rewarding to help in providing small comforts to families struggling with an ill child.  I plan to post more on this later.  Today I'm sharing a birthday ensemble for my mother.

The theme this week at Stamp, Ink Paper Challenge is floral and that was a perfect match to honor my mother's birthday.  I stamped the flower image from Stampin' Up's Butterfly Basics set 3 times on Very Vanilla card stock and water colored the images.  For the card I also stamped the birthday sentiment from the same set in Early Espresso.  Everything was layered on Early Espresso card stock and a bit of lace tucked under the sentiment.  The box is a recycled candy box.  I love to reuse these little boxes for gifts.  They are a lovely dark brown linen finish and perfect for a gift card or other small gift.  I bit of wide lace is secured around the lid and topped with another flower image.  Finally, a little card with the same image to hold the gift card.  I like to do something to dress up gift cards to personalize them a bit.


Here is a photo of just the card.  I lightly stamped the flourish from Stampin' Up's Everything Eleanor on the Pool Party panel, though it is hard to see in the pictures. It was the perfect light touch to add a little interest.


Happy Stamping,
Dana


4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love the tone on tone flourish on the background and that little touch of lace under the sentiment! Everything pulled together perfectly for a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Floral Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina! It was a perfect challenge for what I needed and so fun to play along.

      Delete
  2. So so so lovely! It's amazing what one stamp can to three different layouts. I love the belly band you made of the lace. So so so so pretty. Thanks for joining us down at the SIP #17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping in and your sweet comments Maggie. It was a fun challenge to play along with!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!