Monday, April 8, 2019

Simple Love

Hi, today I am playing along the April Theme and Sketch Challenge at Stamplorations.  I decided to follow both the fun sketch and the theme to use stamps and watercolors.  I'm not much of a watercolorist so I opted to watercolor wash a couple of panels.  I was the lucky winner of a super playful and sweet sentiment stamp (Typografia Romantique: I Love You) by Stamplorations and I chose that as my focal image.  On the background panel I stamped & embossed a couple of leaf images from the Awesomely Artistic Stampin' Up set to represent the arrows in the sketch.  I love the movement of the watercolor but in hindsight I would have made the focal panel darker or perhaps embossed in black so it would stand out more.  All in all I am happy with the card and had fun playing with the watercolors.




Happy Stamping,
Dana

2 comments:

  1. Lovely watercolour background! So impressed you tackled both theme and sketch! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Craftyfield! I appreciate your very kind comment.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!