Tuesday, March 19, 2019

CAS Smile

Hello!  I'm playing along with the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge again as I had so much fun with the faux stained glass technique with the card from my last post.  The challenge requires that you make a clean and simple card using the 3 prompts on the badge.  The March challenge is to create a card using a faux stained glass technique, stamping and at least one of the mixed media options listed on the blog.  For my third element, I used an alcohol panel I created on Yupo paper and ink lifted with the Botanical Background stamp by Brutus Monroe/Unity.

I used a bold smile die by My Favorite Things to die cut 4 white panels.  I layered them over the alcohol background and flooded the "SMILE" with Crystal Glaze.  I added a thin strip of the alcohol panel below the sentiment.  I battled over adding a little something more but decided to keep it very CAS.  I hope you can see the subtle but fun effect from the lift ink and the shine from the Crystal Glaze.




Happy Stamping!
Dana M


6 comments:

  1. The alcohol inks are so pretty and love the subtle effect from the lift technique. The bold die cut sentiment looks so striking and your design is perfectly CAS. Thank you again for joining in the Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and pattern peeking out from the big SMILE, Dana! Another lovely stained glass card! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to comment on your fabulous art deco card which is still in my backed-up inbox, Dana, only to discover this beautiful faux stained glass smile as well! Isn't this the funnest and easiest way to add incredible pizzazzeraz and schparkle to CAS cards?! I'm pinning this one!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Dana!! I LOVE the colours of your beautiful alcoho ink panel and can definitely see some pattern from the ink lift. The SMILE die-cut is so perfect for the faux stained glass technique and the added strip of colour underlining the smile is just the perfect accent! Great work. LOVE this CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style Dana, your card is so different but perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing Dana! May look simple but the work behind it is wow factor. I love your CAS card and completely understand your battle of adding a little bit more ;) Thanks so much Dana for leaving some love on my tutorial at STAMPlorations blog just now. You brighten up my morning even more :)
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!