Monday, January 28, 2019

Altenew and Stamploration Challenges

Today I'm playing along with 2 challenges, Altenew's Inspiration Challenge and Stamplorations Hey, Love Blog Hop & Linky Party.  I had such fun with both!

Altenew's challenge utilized colors that are a bit out of my comfort zone but I totally love the combination.  I stamped the background panel with the Leaf Medallion stamp set in die inks and trimmed it with a slim black border.  The sentiment was heat embossed black on white and white on black.  Initially I only wanted the thin black strip with "kindness" popped up on top but it got lost on the background so I added an orange and black strip to help it stand out.  The sentiment is from the Build-A-Flower Carnation stamp set.



Stamplorations is having a fun blog hop in addition to the linky party and the "Love" theme is so appropriate with Valentine's Day right around the corner.  I started by applying Pearl Texture Luxe to the Bubble Dance stencil.  I stamped, colored and die cut the adorable heart balloons from the Tweet Love stamp set.  I added a couple of pieces of 110 lb cardstock behind the embossed panel for a little bit of dimension, my trick to add dimension that is a little slimmer than foam tape.  The die was popped on top with some dimensional squares and the sentiment (also from the Tweet Love stamp set) was added in black.  I like the clean design and playful feel of this card. 



Happy Stamping,
Dana M

2 comments:

  1. So loving your clean design yet sophisticated! Love it Dana :) Thank you for dropping by my blog; I appreciate your time and kind words and big thanks for partying with us at STAMPlorations "Hey, Love Blog Hop & Linky Party" and Good Luck :)
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Design Team
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty little circles behind the balloons. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations love blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!