Monday, March 18, 2019

Art Deco For CAS Mix Up Challenge

Hello!  Today I'm playing along with the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  The challenge requires that you make a clean and simple card using the 3 prompts on the badge.  The March challenge is to create a card using a faux stained glass technique, stamping and at least one of the mixed media options listed on the blog.  I added die cutting, heat embossing, alcohol inks and metal (if metallic paper counts).

I started by embossing one of the Divine Deco dies by Spellbinders to create an impression of the image on my cardstock.  I colored it in using brown and teal Copic markers.  I cut a few dies and layered them on top and filled in the spaces with Crystal Glaze to create the faux stained glass effect.  It is wonderfully shiny IRL.  I topped it with another die cut from copper metallic cardstock.  I heat embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts February 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit and used some strong adhesive to attach my Art Deco embellishment.  That was layered on a thin border of the copper metallic cardstock and finally added to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base.  I have been enjoying playing with Art Deco elements these days and the faux stained glass technique is so fun.



Happy Stamping!
Dana M



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Dana!! I LOVE this gorgeous art deco die-cut. You've picked the perfect colours for it ... copper, turquoise and dark brown - yummy! And I love your sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Art Deco die cut is perfect for the fun faux stained glass technique. Wonderful colours and love the copper heat embossing. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with this very striking card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors, Dana, and the Art Deco design! And the perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the choice of your die cut along with the delightful colours. Clean and crisp. Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Art Deco card, Dana! Great choice of the die for the technique. I love the colors you used. The copper metallic top layer looks awesome with teal and brown. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!