Friday, March 8, 2019

Deco Dance

Today I'm playing along with the challenge at A Blog Named Hero.  The prompt is Love is in the Air with an inspiration color challenge.  I immediately fell in love with the Hero Arts February My Monthly Hero.  It has a beautiful Art Deco theme and I have always been drawn to that style. I created a blended Distress Oxide panel and die cut it with the Dancing Music Notes add on die that coordinates with the kit.  I layered that over a black panel on top of the card base.  I die cut a heart from a white panel, added some black splatters, a sentiment (Hero Arts Everyday Sentiments) strip and a scattering of the music notes from the background panel.  Finally,  I stamped the dancers from the kit and remembered AFTER I fussy cut them that the kit has coordinating dies.  The dancers were layered that on top with some foam squares.  I always seem to be short on anniversary cards so I'm glad to add another to my stash.  I usually try to keep anniversary cards fairly gender neutral, but I like the pink and purple colors here.




Happy Stamping,
Dana

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink and purple hues, too, Dana, and the swinging art deco style is very romantic! Perfect for an anniversary card! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!