Sunday, June 14, 2015

Birthday Wishes with TGIF

I am playing along with TGIF Challenges! again with a fun sketch challenge this week.


I started with this great patterned paper from Marcella by K.  I wanted it to be the star of the show as it is so elegant and a little retro.  I played around with a number of colors until I settled on this grayish teal card stock from my stash of unknown origin.  I wanted to come up with a subtle take on the horizontal stripes in the sketch.  I cut strips of the background panel and embossed them with Kaiser Craft's Flourish embossing folder.  I stamped & punched a birthday greeting from Stampin' Up watercolor trio set.  I created a border for all the elements from Stampin' Up basic gray card stock. I wanted just a touch of bling so I added a few rhinestones and some fabulous silver beading thread I inherited years ago from my great grandmother. I smile every time I use that thread, my great grandmother was a fabulous crafter!


Happy Stamping,
Dana


8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! The subtle background and the muted colors work together so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karren! I appreciate your kind words and for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color combination! Thanks for playing along with #TGIFC this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna! I wanted something soft and pretty.

      Delete
  3. What a special card! Love how you incorporated your grandmother's thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Mercedes! I love when I can include a little bit of "history" on a project.

      Delete
  4. Oh that thread is great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison, it does hold very special memories for me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!