Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blackberry Bliss Fingers: A Happy Sacrifice for #TGIFCTD01

I am in love with this challenge concept!  The super creative and talented design team over at TGIF Challenge! came up with a super clever Throwdown challenge concept.  The challenge is to use at least 4 of the "basket" items in combination with the list of "pantry" items, a spin on the TV show Chopped.
Basket Items
Pantry Items

I had so much fun pulling this card together!  As soon as I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to play along.  Fortunately I had 4 of the basket items: Gold Foil, Butterfly Thinlits and Blushing Bride & Blackberry ink.  I spritzed Blushing Bride on WW card stock using doilies and a cut of the medium butterfly from the Butterfly Thinlits as masks.  I used my aqua painter to flick some Blackberry Bliss on the panel and ran a sponge with Blackberry Bliss along the edges.  I ran the Blackberry Bliss ink pad along a strip of WW card stock and added it to the left of the panel with a thin strip of gold foil. The large butterfly die cut was sponged with Blushing Bride and Blackberry Bliss.  Gold foil was cut with the medium butterfly die and layered over the top.  I dyed some white bakers twine with Blackberry Bliss and wrapped it around the butterfly's body and created antennae.  I also wrapped the dyed twine across the bottom and created a bow with very thin strips of gold foil that I coiled around my paper piercer to create little coils. I shaped the butterfly and added it to the panel with glue dots.  The panel was mounted to a WW card base.

I don't always decorate the inside of my cards, not sure why I don't as I am always happy with the result.  I do tend to decorate the inside of cards larger than the standard 4.25 x 5.5 as I think the extra layers give the card base additional support.  I used similar techniques and layout on the inside as I did for the card front.



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping,
Dana

And yes, my fingers are still purple!  I did think about putting on gloves...

19 comments:

  1. Oh, brilliant idea spritzing that butterfly! I love it! I'm just sitting down to play this challenge today - so excited! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I was such a fun card to make. Looking forward to seeing your creation.

      Delete
  2. Great card! So happy that you enjoyed the challenge and I'm excited that you got to play along :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much James, glad you were able to stop by. I'm looking forward to more challenges.

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! Absolutely Stunning! Hope you play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Mercedes! I have lots of ideas swimming around for the watercolor challenge.

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful card, Dana, outside and in!! Your butterfly is a show-stopper!! I'll have to check out this challenge! TFS!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you stopped by Darnell! This card was a lot of fun. I have really enjoyed the TGIF Challenges, so many great challenges, design team samples and challenge entries.

      Delete
  5. Congrats! This card was chosen as a finalist for the Throwdown challenge! We loved the depth of the layering of the butterflies and especially your creativity of the gold foil swirlies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stunned! Thank you so much James and the Design Team at TGIF Challenges!

      Delete
  6. being chosen as a finalist is well deserved - this is beautiful and includes so many creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathe! I appreciate that you took time to stop by and leave such a nice comment.

      Delete
  7. This is such a beautiful card - a worthy choice as finalist. I am in awe of your background spritzing - my attempts were abandoned as an inky mess! Congratulations to you for embracing this fun concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment Joanne! I'm afraid I had my own inky mess here too :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome card, Dana! How exciting to be chosen as a finalist! You are soooooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia! I am absolutely tickled. I appreciate all of the tips and tricks you share with your clubs/customers!

      Delete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS Dana! The votes are in & you are our Throw Down Winner!!!!!
    Contact us with your address so we can get your prize out to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm over the top thrilled that my card was selected as the winner. All of the submissions were amazingly creative. This was such a FUN challenge. My thanks to everyone that took the time to vote!

      Delete
  10. Hi Dana! Can you email me your address @ Mercedes@mypaperparadise dot com. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!