Sunday, June 28, 2015

Delft Inspired Anniversary Card

I am in need of a number of anniversary cards so you may see more popping up in the near future.  This particular card kicked off with the City Crafter Challenge which is to use blue, green and a splash of red on your card.  


I immediately determined that I wanted to recreate the delft plate on my card.  I created a floral background in blue, then I fussed and fussed a little more with elements that could stand up to that bold background.  I finally landed on two greens and added another background to the light green to help it balance the blue background.  A few flowers  were added to get that splash of red.  This card is a little busier than my typical card, but I think it represents the inspiration photo well.


Happy Stamping,
Dana

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card!! You really have created a stunning balance of colour! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Ros! I loved the inspiration photo.

      Delete
  2. So totally AWESOME. Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! I love how the CCCB challenges stretch my creativity.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!