Saturday, June 27, 2015

Fourth of July Inspiration

Glen's family celebrates the 4th of July in a big way.  Homemade ice cream with homemade root beer, fireworks off the dock, good food and family fun!  Glen's father's birthday was July 6th and his mother loves all things patriotic.  Glen's father passed away a few years ago and it has been a hard road for his mother as she adjusts to life without him by her side.  This card will be sent to her to let her know that we are thinking of her on Carl's birth date.

This card is a result of the challenge at Retro Rubber to use the 4th of July as your inspiration.  The flag is an image that Stampin' Up released just after 911, I colored directly on the rubber eliminating the sentiment on the stamp.  The splatter of stars are heat embossed in silver and come from a stamp I purchased in the late 90's by Rubber Stampede.  I dry embossed some white cardstock with SU's stars embossing folder.  The sentiment is from the express yourself set also by Stampin' Up.  I wanted the sentiment banner to wave like a flag so I shaped it a bit and used various heights of dimensionals to give it some "wave".  A punched star and a little bling finish off the card.



Happy Stamping,
Dana

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and full of sentimental details. I was not aware of Stampin' Up! at 911 but remember that date very vividly. My youngest dog child was born on 9/11/07 and we named her "Liberty". Love the stars and appreciate the reasons for the sentiment chosen on this holiday card. Thanks so much for playing with Retro Rubber this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberty is such a fantastic, and fitting, name! Thanks for coming by Katy.

      Delete
  2. Great card that I am sure will be appreciated by your MIL. Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing with us at RRBC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Neva for your comments and stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful patriotic card! Love that flag stamp! Sure wish I had been with Stampin' Up! at that time. Thanks for sharing your story with us and know that your MIL will love this card. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! That stamp has come in handy on more than one occasion.

      Delete
  4. I used to have this stamp! Love it, love your card! Thanks for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I thought the stamp was fitting for this challenge.

      Delete
  5. .Beautifully done! I wish I had this stamp. I love the look of this card - very nice with all the stars done two ways! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!